access_timeApril 1, 2013 folder_open Tech

Updated: February 25, 2015

I were built with a friend reach out to me on Facebook inside a panic after he somehow had gotten his iPhone 4 in a tizzy. His iPhone had gone in a strange mode and the question was simple, my iPhone stuck in recovery mode, what do I do,

Hey there.. sorry to purchase you but I know you adore your iPhone and may be able to help me. I was doing an update to my iPhone 4 but now its on recovery mode also it doesn't work, it say to regenerate phone correctly to work but says that I will forfeit all my data! Is there in any manner to get it beyond recovery mode,, Help meeee!

This is the thing that you'll see in case your iPhone switches into Recovery Mode (click to enlarge)

First off, you aren't bothering me! I love listening to ways to correct issues - especially with an iPhone. I thought I've seen all this when it comes for the iPhone. That's not the truth. I've had my phone blackout, shut off, brighten and darken, crack, make noises, not make noise in any way and announce cryptic messages for the push notifications - but I've never had it enter into recovery mode, ironically.

So I did a little bit of research and discovered some options. Essentially, these devices enters a mode called Recovery Mode”. You'll see a graphic on the screen that is the USB connector icon and the iTunes icon. This can happen once you attempt to upgrade the firmware around the phone (something we do rather often with Apples constant updates). Keep in mind, you cannot use the device whatsoever when it's in this recovery mode. You can, however, get away from it. You can restore the product (you'll lose your data), or you are able to simply turn the product on and off understanding that can work.

I hope these help should you run into any issues. Thanks to Salon just for this good set of tips:

iPhone stuck in recovery mode…help!

Step 1

Push the Home” button about the front along with the Sleep/Wake” button about the top in the iPhone. Hold both buttons down for at least 15 seconds, or until the device turns off.

Step 2

Push the Sleep/Wake” button again to change the iPhone back on. If the iPhone isn't in Recovery Mode, the catch is resolved. If the iPhone is within Recovery Mode, carry on and Step 3.

Step 3

Start iTunes and connect the iPhone for your computer. iTunes displays a notification which it has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode.” Click OK.”

Step 4

Click the iPhone icon for the left side in the iTunes window, and select the Summary” tab on the right side of the window if just isn't on top already.

Step 5

Click the Restore” button. If iTunes displays an email asking if you would like to back up the contents of the unit, click the Back Up” button to save important computer data. Note this prompt might not appear in the event the iPhone is within Recovery Mode.

Step 6

Click the Restore” button to verify that you need to exit Recovery Mode by restoring the iPhone to its original factory state. The recovery usually takes several minutes to finish.

Step 7

Click OK” to put your iPhone up and transfer your computer data back to the product after the recovery is finished.

Please leave comments on your experiences and just how you were in a position to get beyond the dreaded ‘Recovery Mode'. As time goes on, a growing number of problems may arise. It's nice to listen for personal stories about how exactly you solved your phone problems.

Updated: February 25, 2015

There are actually a lot of questions and the ones having issues with error messages or whenever they try to finish up their restore process, it glitches out. If you notice an error number and your phone stops communicating, check this reference chart and a few options to try to solve the situation. (Source: Apple)

Solve network errors

Related errors: 17, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, 3200, or There was a difficulty downloading the software,” or The device isn't eligible for the requested build.” These alerts imply your computer is either having difficulty contacting the Apple update server or talking with your device.

Check your pc for software or settings that might cause communication issues between your pc and Apple or involving the computer plus your device.

Check your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006. Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or using your device.

Check your security software and settings to ensure that they aren't blocking a link to the Apple servers.

Check your USB connections

Related errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014, or invalid response.”

If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.

To narrow down the situation, you can try different equipment:

Use the USB cable that came using your device, or a different Apple USB cable.

Plug your cable in to a different USB port directly in your computer. Don't plug it into your keyboard.

Try a different computer.

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer probably have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

Then make an effort to restore your iOS device two more times while connected having a cable, computer, and network you already know are good.

Make certain your security software and settings are allowing communication involving the device and update servers.

If you'll still see the error message whenever you update or restore, contact Apple support

Check for outdated or modified software

Related errors: 1015, The required resource is not found.”

You might see these errors if these are true:

Your version of iTunes is away from date. Get the latest version of iTunes and attempt to update or restore again.

Your device has a beta version of iOS.

You're looking to install an early on version of iOS (downgrading).

Your device has unauthorized modifications to iOS, also referred to as jailbreaking.”

Use recovery mode to restore your device to the latest version of iOS.

Important: Information about iPhone stuck in recovery mode products is educational only. Products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and doesn't constitute Apple's recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information. Josh Benson or isn't liable for any attempts you are making in restoring your phone. This post is good for educational purposes only.

Did you solve it, Please leave a comment below should you need any help and I'll try my advisable to help you.

If you found this tutorial helpful I would LOVE in case you could LIKE my Facebook page. I'll keep cranking out tutorials.

Also, please connect with me on Twitter and Google+

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Benson

Josh Benson writes concerning the web, technology, TV News and life generally. He's a self-admitted geek and loves like a Dad. He covers the day's news on WFLA-TV in Tampa, Florida. He struggles to learn code and workout but loves all things tech and web!

phonelockedyesterday

I have similar issue. My dilemma is, my phone was/just isn't backed-up and had not been upgraded in over a few months. I wasn't in a position to update because my space for storage was low but yesterday I hooked it to my computer and yes it tried to update. Then it went into recovery mode. I'm nervous about performing a restore” because I don't wish to lose my info (photos, contacts, etc.) but I need to use my phone. I spent the evening checking out YouTube videos concerning how to fix it be none worked. Some said to use tinyumbrella” but I'm nervous about this, too, since I don't know anything over it and am not tech savvy enough to understand exactly what they suggest related to it- using it. Please help.

phonelockedyesterday

Hello. Thank-you a great deal for responding as well as your assistance. I tried the tough restart- from it plugged into my PC by itself. Each time it shows the Apple logo for around 3-5 seconds then returns to the ‘USB cable-arrow-iTunes' screen. I haven't been able to be back to an ordinary screen yet.

I'm not good whatsoever with navigating the ins and outs of smartphone's. I'm not even sure what iOS I have installed. This was my first one ever; I got it in September of last year. I wish I could give more in depth information but I am so beyond my realm here. The only thing I know for sure is which it is an iPhone 4, 8GB. iTunes doesn't recognize my phone apart from as an iPhone which has been detected in recovery mode” and must be restored before connecting to iTunes” so I can't even click on back-up inside the menu. I wouldn't mind restoring it and going time for the factory settings (since I don't have any music or applications on my own phone) but a lot of my memory is used on photos and I just don't wish to lose them.

I have no idea if this is important or otherwise not but I were built with a notification with an update that appeared a couple months back. I couldn't perform the update because I did not have enough safe-keeping on my phone. When I finally did hook it up to the computer, it asked if I wanted to perform update. I though sure” and clicked yes. It took about four hours to finish what it was doing, then said there was an error and it went into this recovery mode. I don't recall the error code though and it hasn't displayed it since. I'm am completely dumbfounded here.

Faizi

Hey Sir ‘ I need your help.

My iphone is struck in the screen showing itunes and usb icon.

and i could all the things like pushing start and home button or restore by itunes

it just isn't going beyond this powerful error

Please help me how can i restore my iphone now

alanda

hello, I did everything listed and it got me out of recovery mode. my problem is, it reseted my whole phone ! I lost everything also it wont get me back to my phone. also, when people attempt to call or text it, my phone doesn't ring or anything ! and I am getting anxiety because of this.

Macsnedzo

I was experiencing these problems and i also done some research of my personal. I were able to solve it by uninstalling itunes and reinstalling it, ensuring that it is updated. Within yout computer there exists a hosts file that's created from itunes in order to connect to there server for updating etc… you may have errors within your hosts file, removing and installing itunes can provide a new hosts file containing the proper server information required. Hope this can help guys.

Dirk Strauss

I had to restore my iPhone once coming from a backup, understanding that scared me enough into making sure that my photos and videos will almost always be backed up. To make this happen, I installed Dropbox for iPhone and hang it to automatically support my camera roll when connected to WiFi. This way, I know that all my pics are duplicated. And a 100GB Dropbox account is actually cheap. iCloud can also be an option. So automatic backup is easy to configure. Lastly, backup your cloud backup … check this out excellent post by Josh too -you-should-back-up-cloud-data/ … We tend to forget to perform this

Abdullah

Guys, i happen to be looking for a solution to get my mobile away from recovery mode. I tried almost anything, as I had extremely important data and contacts that were not duplicated. I tired tinyumbrella, IREB, and the hard reset (home and power buttons), but nothing worked. I could get the data back through the use of Wondershare Dr Fone sotware. It taught me to be to bring the device to DFU mode, then to copy all data from the device to the PC. That was for me personally more than enough. I finally got my data back. I don't actually care about the phone. I will restore it and make an effort to move the backup data even one by one :). Try miracle traffic bot, it turned out the only solution personally

Sabria

hi my daughter's 3 gs was at recovery mode and after I read this post I downloaded the website. Wondershare pulled everything on her phone but at the conclusion I would be forced to pay $69 to get my files. I didn't want to pay very much so I logged away from the wondershare mode and my daughter's phone have also been NO LONGER IN RECOVERY MODE. We had full usage of her phone again and I am backing it up to icloud and then we don't be within this position anymore. good help!!!

Billie

Ugh! my iPhone 4s crashes sometimes plus it went into recovery mode! I haven't backed my photos up in the while and I shouldn't lose them by restoring the device so I downloaded Wondershare nevertheless it it keeps saying my phone isn't in normal mode and also to press along the power and home button but that does not work properly either! This page is the one one i possibly could find that came near to my problem and I'm so close to giving up!

Ruben Concepcion

hi my phone 5 went into recovery mode when i tried to restore it, cleaning it once a everything (tinyumbrella,redsn0w,) i truly need help because without my phone, i cant work

DCW

Our iPhone 4 was acting strange (it froze up when I was trying to show off a couple of apps), and I thought it could be better to restart it. I held the sleep/wake button also it turned off without giving me that sliding option to change it off. When I powered the telephone on again, I got the iTunes/USB image, then when I connect to iTunes, we obtain the recovery-mode message. No offers for backup, though. (Like the previous poster, our phone hasn't been duplicated in MONTHS, therefore we're looking at losing a variety of data. I feel foolish about not backing it up more often; lesson learned the hard way!) The recovery process you describe here isn't working. I get unknown-error messages. I've done troubleshooting per Apple's help pages. I've also tried turning the product off and on many times, hoping for an alternative result. At this point, I could care less about the darn phone, I'd exactly like to recover our data somehow and move on! Any suggestions,,

kiana

pajacu boy

i acquired my iphone4, 6.1.3 into dfu mode coz my 8 yr old cousin kept messing from it. however i cant have it fixed on with all the home and power button thing. itunes cant recognize my phone either. help

leo

i have similar issue with my iPhone 5, i did the home and sleep button simultaneously but while i was using my iPhone, it continued recovery mode again. i never duplicated my iPhone so I'm worried when i restore it will suffer and erase everything especially my photos which I'm rally concerned with. is there in whatever way you can assist me, please. I'm searching for a way to save all of my stuff so when i restore have my photos there.

Perla G. Kichawty

hello, i have the same problem but despite restoring it my iPhone stills in recovery mode i have no idea what to accomplish. thanks for your help

harman

hi my issue is that after i was looking to update my iphone 4s it went in to a recovery loop and after this it wont get out i tryed restoring but it gets errors

tadoow

Hello,

I possess a iphone 3g and I have tried all of the button pushing, host edits, and tiny umbrella software tips that are out there yet still i am in a very recovery loop.

pagman27

worsed advise ever! that which you did is follow the instructions on iTunes! this is not the problem unless you are completely computer illiterate!

jessica

nothings working i would like my iphone back i need assistance!!!:(

jacob

just received my apple iphone 4 into recovery mode after downloading 7.0.4 an cleaning it once a everything including home button an power button about 10 times an it didnt work until i downloaded wondershare. all i had to do was click put in normal mode plus it fixed my problem. Thank you a great deal!!!!!

Michael

Thank you sooooo much. I got my Iphone 4 back from recovery mode.

Josieeee

I had the issue with my iphone 5 and didnt think i backed anything up but appareantly itunes backs everything up for you anyway.. I donwloaded wondershare and that i was going to use that whenever ive restored my phone but when i restored it, it set it up the option to support the stuff from itunes i got my stuff back!!! so dont be affraid and discover if that'll work for you personally.. You can still use wondershare afterwards so competent luck to everybody else

Raka James

HELP! MY iPhone 4 is on recovery mode while i'm updating to IOS 7.0.4 , i jailbreak my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 before updating compared to that new version of IOS and yes it goes to the recovery mode, and then after i plug into my computer the recovery mode (itunes logo) is fully gone the always restarting on the recovery mode again 🙁 let me :'(

amber luckhurst

my apple iphone is stuck around the apple logo, ive already restored my iphone using iTunes, however, if this is complete a message pops up proclaiming that my phone is restarting and yes it may take a few minutes. after a number of minutes of waiting my iphone turns itself off, I have succeeded in doing so 3 or 4 times now but nothing is different, could someone help,

Dex

alyssa

what do you do if recovery mode isnt working, i forgot the password and am attempting to clear it but its not working.

venessa

Im stuck on recovery mode, have tried restoring about 9 times, but in regards to a third in the way through a communication pops up saying Error 23” What can i do to fix this,, I need my phone for work telephone calls!

Jeremy k.

My mom gave me her iPhone 3GS and she told me I can't apply it until she gets the photographs off of it and it is in recovery mode and then we can't get towards the pictures or anything else but when I get the SIM card it comes down back away from recovery mode. What could be my problem,

Tahneea Hoffman

Hi! So I went along to update my jailbroken iphone 5 to ios 7, the update failed, and like a lot of others, is currently only giving me the option to bring back and update, I saved almost all of my pictures, but not alot of important ones 🙁 I tried conducting a hard reset, no luck, tried wondershare, simply visits apple icon, 2x then to the black screen using the cable connecting to itunes. Im hoping you are still around to assist a girl out ! thank you 🙂

Robin

please help i cant find a solution with this anywhere my apple iphone battery eliminate so i replaced it now it starts up in recovery mode when i make an effort to restore iphone it says not enough space and that i should remove some apps or empty recycle bin but when i attempt to access it, it says i need to revive it first or it wont work. I tried accessing it from my pc without itunes to get rid of my pictures check if that helps nonetheless it doensn't hook up to my iphone like norrmally it simply says its in recovery mode and needs to be restored then again i cant restore

BN

I know this can be basically all stupidity in my husbands part, but he downloaded the IOS 8.0 upgrade half way and after that hit cancel. Now his phone is stuck over a black screen using the iTunes logo saying plug into ITunes. When connected to iTunes it says the phone is detected in recovery mode, the sole option is to bring back to factory setting. He has NEVER once backed up his phone and it has never opted in for Icloud!!! Theres 1000 pictures on there of our kids from your time our daughter would have been a baby! Is there any chance at all to try and fully grasp this phone beyond recovery mode without restoring to factory settings,,,

pannabanano_.

my iphone is at recovery too but itunes cannot detect my iphone so now what ….. 🙁

aj

Bring the icon up where is says itunes using a coard onto it then hook it up and yes it should work

My phone shows this picture but itunes icon is red.

nikki

krave

my phone keeps commencing recovery everyday. Ive succeeded in doing so steps millions of times and ir keps repeating. im using iphone4

ahsaan

i did that twice but its still in recovery mode

aj hicks

aj hicks

Tom

holly

is there a way to do this without losing all crucial computer data

lydia

If anyone is having trouble with restoring it like I did because iTunes couldn't find your iPhone or perhaps the iTunes logo and cable wont chase holding around the bottons with the product plugged in, do that way. I took my cable from the right hand side slot and fitted it in the ones about the opposite side. There should be two and you've got to try both to view what works. When doing this iTunes should locate the phone and ask you to regenerate and update or update. Click restore boost and leave it then it will sort itself out! This has worked for me three times now, with three different iPhones. I hope this assists everyone else out!

aniket

it's giving this iphone can't be restored a mysterious error (-1)

billy

My phone just started going on the activation screen I can activate it along with about a minute it takes me right bk where I must enter my email and password. What can I do,

tommypic

in the event you cant away from recovery mode use ReiBoot they have worked for me many times

med

am still stuck with unknown error 9006 so is there any option i could relief from that ,

Sue H

Hope you can let me. iPhone 4 problem. All of a sudden I can't click onto anything within my photos. I can import an image to a communication only but can not click any to look at or delete them. So frustrating, have no idea what to perform

Sue H

It worked! Thank you Josh, now I could get my photos again.

Haley Pickett

Thank you so much!! I am so relieved this worked!! I was panicking a lot when my phone wouldn't reverse on nevertheless it's back! Thank you!!!!

Anita

Josh I really need your help, I originated work and my phone deaded on me so I went to get my charger and I plugged it with my iPhone and compared to I tunes mgs showed up , Ihave over 7000 pictures of family and trips I continued that means the globe to me, I will even pay out the comission if I can just get inside my phone and put it to use, I have noting saved … Pizza let me

Keely

hey so i've an iphone4s and it was on the ios6 update i decided i'd update and restore it so i really could pass it right down to my brother but while i connected it to itunes to revive and update it got about halfway through using the white loading line underneath the apple symbol and then stopped and so on itunes it sprouted with a communication saying error 1 and i have tried to restore and update and get away from recovery mode on my other computer also but exactly the same error 1 code pops up…. i need help really fast and badly has its stuck in recovery mode i need to pass it on to my cousin asap!

Mon

Hey Ben I have my Iphone 3g on recovery mode i just purchased and experimented with update it. But now itz stuck on recory mode. I fixed it once and again it been 3 months since it broke on recovery mode then when i make an effort to restore by itunes it show The iphone couldn't be unknown error occured(23). Please a liitle help ‘ll be taken gratefully

Sarah Thaalbi

Hi, I was just wondering, can you do a video with you doing the steps, I just bought an IPhone 3GS in one of my buddies, and she or he had reset it before she gave it in my experience. It's on recovery mode. And I can't view the steps. Thanks!

Katie hampson

Hiya i dropped my iphone 5c it didnt smash or anything but after i picked it down it wouldnt turn on, but had just like a slight dark blue screen and in case you rang it, it would ring however, you couldnt hear it or see the call come through. I then plugged it in the usb connected on the computer to attempt back it down as i dont want to loose anything also it kept vibrating non stop and wouldnt let me back it up….do you know what could be wrong by using it and could i save my data though my phone wont turn on, Please get back to me asap

Amber

Does it have to become my computer with my itunes, My computer is broke and that i have an iphone 5 with all of my music i dont need to lose off of it. Can i just plug it into my girlfriends computer using itunes open, thanks.

gRascia

many thanks for your blog. I did the restoring iPhone” because of forgotten passcode over resetting/erasing iPhone 4's data/s then got me stuck-up with DFU mode. After refreshing my PC and did again the restore eventually it says ” Congratulations, your iPhone has become unlocked.” and after this my iPhone is working all fine. No more headache's with forgotten passcode. Than you, uou help me a lot.

Stephanie

Hi Josh, I woke up in the middle with the night to few my child to find my phone stuck inside the blak screen with apple logo. I tried various things including off and on and plugging within the machine and wanting to update to find out if that would work. The phone is now stuck in DFU MODE while using white cable with iTunes logo. I have my photos of my baby for the phone which I don't wish to lose. We can't get it out of the DFU mode to use 3rd party software to retrieve the photos. Any ideas of how to get it out, I would be forever grateful should you could help! Thanks Stephanie

Enter DFU mode

Hold the Power Button (3 secs)

Continue holding the energy button as well as hold your home button (15 secs) Release the energy button while continuing to hold your home button (10 secs) Your device should prompt using the Connect to iTunes Screen”

Second: Plug it into your pc and open iTunes. It will either prompt to restore and up date or you are able to manually restore while using following steps.

IOS Restore StepsBefore restoring: Verify that you are using the latest version of iTunes. Back up your device. Transfer and sync content in your computer.

Restoring your iOS device

Connect your device to your computer. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.

Click Restore.

After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see Slide to create up”. Follow the steps inside iOS Setup Assistant. If needed, restore your device from the previous backup.

Gabrielle

I followed all from the steps given however, if my iPhone 4 got towards the point where it turned out verifying the software a note popped up on my own iTunes. The phone's progress bar stopped and iTunes no longer is reading the product. See below. Please help.

Tracey Latendresse

I have a question is there a way to bypass restoring my iPhone because we have important information on the website that i would like to access now, and if i restore my phone i will lose everything

sheikh ajaz

Hello, I m using 5s with iOS 8.1.3 updated fourteen days before, three days before its started restarting alone then suddenly powered off, I tryed hard reset etc but couldn't work etc and didn't power on again, finally I connected with iTunes on PC detected iphone, shows recovery mode, and tried to bring back but didn't complete installation and frozen, I m unable to know whether it's s/w or hardware problem I m not sure about it, I need your help to ensure that I could recover my phone, waiting for the prompt response with fruitful tips and means to fix get rid off this challenge, thanks , ajaz

sheikh ajaz

Thanks for reply, its factory unlock, no warranty , no error code got stuck while recovery, still iTunes detect and recovery mode but shows no display, kindly figure out possible step to get rid off this case, thanks

Alyssa

Hi there, suppose it doesn't prompt that you backup your phone,

sheikh ajaz

I found code error 40 while restoring from recovery mode, tried everything fails, my question is whether this hardware dilemma is recoverable and what could be hardware failure IC etc, can u indicate few hardware points where failure might occurred or damaged, looking forward to early response , thanks

DianaH7

My aunt who's 94 and legally blind insisted on getting an iPhone since they supposed have the best apps for the visually impaired/blind. Well it had been always a nightmare, I think because my aunt was unable to accomplish things correctly. Anyway, I have the telephone, I think it is really an iPhone 5, and it's just been sitting in the drawer for months because I can't get it to make on. I successfully unlocked it through AT&T, restored it to factory settings, etc. But now it won't activate no matter how long I charge it. I've tried holding on the power and home button and all sorts of those suggestions. When I plug it into my pc iTunes tells me that it is at recovery mode and needs to be restored. When I click on Restore it sits there praoclaiming that iTunes is restoring the software about the phone but up at the summit it says preparing phone for restore. But it never does anything and I've left it for two hours. I would really like to obtain this phone in working order so I can sell it off for my aunt and she or he can get back some in the money she wasted into it. Thank you.

Carson Chen

my Iphone 6 is additionally stuck in recovery mode but iTunes won't even recognize it, when I plug it in, the telephone doesn't even arrive in iTunes. If only I could just get itunes to acknowledge my phone I can remedy it. Think you can assist me to with that,

Carson Chen

Nvm I started using it. It was just my computer's problem. I fixed it when I connected it to my mom's Mac. This article really was helpful! Thanks!

EllieR123

My iPhone 5c is stuck in recovery mode and won't activate.

I cracked the screen many months ago nevertheless it has been working well as yet.

I have tried charging my phone, checking for water damage and holding the property and lock buttons and zilch is working. However, when I connect my phone to my laptop it connects to iTunes plus it told me I need to restore my iPhone but I can't back up my files through iTunes because I can't enter my pass code on my phone so which it can access them because it won't turn on.

What should I do,

chelsea

my iphone 5c 3 days ago randomly turned off and i just thought it turned out flat so i put it on charge over night nevertheless the next morning when i attempted turning it onto it wouldnt turn on and yes it started to vibrate therefore i took them back charge and yes it stopped. iv tried plugging it into my computer and restoring it nevertheless it wont i want to because my phone is locked i need to obtain into my phone and unlock it and yes it still isnt turning on. iv tried holding the off and home button also it still wont work what should i truly do,

Tinygedeyge

Totally free!

Cheryl King

Hi there, I have had the same thing with my iPhone 4S. I have tried the reset, by holding around the home key and power. When it comes back onto it has the connect with iTunes. There are two options, you are update and an example may be restore. I have tried both options whilst on getting an oversight, something USB, can't remember, not one of them work, now the device seems being completely from action. I do not know what else to use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I need my phone for work

Ikeyra

Hi I dropped my iPhone five and today it either wont swith on or keeps flashing the apple logo, I've plugged it into my laptop and tried up dating it plus it's saying error 21 and I haven't back my phone up so I shouldn't click restore can there be anyway you can back up your flies even tho you can't do anything around the phone,

sa

phone 5 won't go past the connect to itunes logo”. When i do hook up with itunes on the windows 7 pc, it asks me to update or recover the phone. When i press update” to update the ios about the phone…itunes errors out with error 27” attempting to something” with the phone.

Apple is just suggesting to revive to factory settings…:( that can delete everything on the phone. My last backup is to old — a couple of months.

Appreciate your help.

Having trouble too. I can't even do factory settings

Margarita Roberts

this as well as other processes off their sites, the trick is at removing SIM card, then proceeding with restore. Once phone is restored, you'll be able to insert the SIM card! This due to info given by Jinsanity” within an apple discussion.

jazmin

I try doing a hard reset but if it is loading in my computer probably missing about 20 mins the iPad turns back on on its own and I have to restart again..help I have no idea of what else to perform..

Margarita Roberts

I'm getting The iPhone couldn't be restored. An unknown error occured (56)

sa

Margarita Roberts

I updated ios about the 5 because it wouldn't let me backup. Once backed up I tried to bring back the info from 5 to the 6. Again wouldn't let me proceed until i updated 6. That's where it got stuck. Just solved by removing SIM and removing while restoring. Yeh! Thsnks!!!

sa

Good for you personally!….you stated it wouldn't let me back up. Once supported….”

So how did you back your iphone 5 when it had been stuck in the connect to itunes logo”,….thank you for help

Margarita Roberts

Solved it!!! After trying this as well as other processes using their company sites, the trick was in removing SIM card, then proceeding with restore. Once phone is restored, you'll be able to insert the SIM card! This as a result of info provided by Jinsanity” in a apple discussion.

Ldee

I possess a iPhone 5c also it randomly crashed about a week ago while going on instagram. And now ever since then it's been stuck on an annoying ass recovery mode loop and that i'm still not giving in to restoring because I haven't duplicated in MONTHS. I literally breathed the info that was on my own iPhone. and yeah I'm a lot more than aware that copying is important BUT I couldn't back up in the 1st place because I didn't have enough space for storing to begin with so yeah.

any way I got my SIM card and I need to know if you still have all your data from taking out after restoring. Thanks

Ldee

kimkim112

If you have tried many times but still fialed to correct iPhone stuck in recovery mode, I think it is recommended to use a software to help you out! I mean should you know which software can solve this challenge, then you'll be able to save a lot of energy and time. A software called iPhone Data Recovery cannot only assist you to exit iPhone stuck in recovery mode , but in addition can assist you to recover lost data on iPhone. I've used many for just like a thousand times, it functions well every one of the time.

Hope it will help!

Bomebome

I've try FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery, it works not bad I think.

Nada

Hope you can let me My iphone 5 keeps starting recovery mode even with restoring its driving me crazy

Scott Schreiber

Same problem. Restore and works for a day, then returning to apple logo and need to regenerate again….

tahak

i have a communication iphone cannot be restored unknown error (1015)” but when i downloaded ipsw it again show a communication iphone can't be restored since the frimware file is compatble”

Nad

I have a challenge. I am stuck on the Connect to Itunes Screen. EVen opened Itunes however the Detected Pop Up Did not show neither did I have any Press to OK Button to Restore notification. What do I do,,, Please help

kenvina

I posted it in certain other similar threads today and still have had three people reply which it worked for the children too, and nobody thus far saying it hasn't worked with FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. And yes, everything was still in my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 8. After I reached it working again I just used Wi-Fi and upgraded to iOS 8 on the air without any problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this is not going to endanger anything in any way on your device. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

Good luck!

NikSmith

My iPhone stuck in recovery mode after iOS update therefore i searched google for help. To my surprise, i managed to get a free tool to get in and exit iPhone recovery mode without holding home or power button, you just need to go through the button about the main interface to select to put iPhone into or from recovery mode with a single click.

wellwisher

puestsia

The following is wonderful for you to extract lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode

Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then reverse on and everything needs to be fine.

Solution 2 :

1. Plug your device in a PC or possibly a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is recovery mode and release from recovery mode.

2. ITUNES will automatically pick up and a pop up box will probally state that your IPHONE is within recovery mode would you like to bring back,

3. Click the restore tab.

Note - If ITUNES if beyond date, this will not likely work.

Note - Do not do that over WIFI

Note - Do not interrupt the restore

Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your iPhone will restore to the factory settings.

Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPhone

Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the electricity button. Now press the power button along with the home button for 10 secs.

Kushin

Hi, my iphone 6 is automatically powered down since yesterday morning plus it has not been turned on since then. I tried to interact with the itunes and restore ; it says the product is in recovery mode. However, I am not able to restore my phone and yes it has no sign..the device is completely dead. I tried with each of the options mentioned here, but nothing seems to assist me to resolve this concern. Please, assist me!!

Jonathaange

Have you attempted to put iPhone in DFU mode, It can be put on exit iPhone recovery mode I heard.

You can use a try on iPhone Data Recovery too in case you like, it will help users fix this matter in two methods.

See more : How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode,

Sheena Chezik Davies

Mine is performing this. But after I plug into itunes it updates have way and freezes again! I have rebooted computer and iphone 6. It keeps occuring. (-18) error message.

HELP!

jennifer

My iPhone is stuck within the apple logo and won't do anything whatsoever or go somewhere else, I have tried several things that I've seen but none work. I have even tried to regenerate it but my mac won't recognize my iPhone. I have no idea of what to complete anymore! Will it work,

holly

i could get onto selecting restore iphone and it goes through the very first two steps, but after itunes says ‘preparing the iphone for restore' i hear the disconnected sound. sometimes it'll reconnect but itunes stays around the ‘expecting iphone' bit then gives up after about 5 minutes D:

Wpreaak

Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery will assist you to regenerate data from iPhone. With the powerful tool, you can get your lost data from iCloud and iTunes backup.

Nikki

My iPhone 6 is stuck on restore mode and every time it efforts to update the update crashes and asks me to update or restore again. I never supported my iPhone 6 so there is a great deal of stuff on my phone I do not want deleted…. Is there any way out of this, I don't care regarding the update anymore I just desire to use my phone 🙁

Disha lolo

my i pad is within disable mood but i tried to regenerate it and the itunes shows a msg how the i pad software update server couldn't be network connection was refused.”

Sieben Mal

Upon attempting to revive my iPhone 6Plus (iOs 9.3.5) after receiving a new unit on warranty, the restore stopped. About a year's price of my oldest photos didn't restore. I have seen various offers that purport allowing one to get right into a backup about the cloud to individually select and transfer photos or other files. However all such software generally seems to come from China, which worries me.

How do I complete the stalled restore,

thanks

( I realize I could keep photos individually around the cloud, but I haven't done that yet, so answers to that particular effect, while appreciated, aren't helpful with this situation.)

Lisa

I haven't previously connected my iPhone 6 to iTunes, tried to do an update, it got stuck so pressed home/off button thinking it might cancel it now it's stuck around the connect to iTunes screen. I've tried doing the update through iTunes also it doesn't work… I need to be able to use this phone… any ideas, Please i want to know. Thanks.

Kristin Hillis

So, I recently had my screen replaced and a number of days after started getting random small black vertical lines within the middle of my screen. This went on for several weeks and I would randomly get more. Then, eventually I had my phone sitting about the counter to solve my daughter breakfast and checked out and I saw the screen flashing black and white like crazy! My screen then turned somewhat black but, I could see some things in a negative color. Night shift was off and contains never been turned on. Phome has never been dropped. Now, randomly, once daily for just a little bit my screen will go to normal after which go right back to the type of black screen. I can still use it once i can see or use Siri to create a call. A few days ago i experimented with completely restore the product in settigs after multiple tries to hard reset it using the Home and power buttons. Now, it's randomly popping up with all the itunes restore like pictured above. Did I somehow get a defective screen, Is there a way to correct this or do I have to replace the screen again or simply replace the product, I can't seem to find anything about what is happening to my phone (without the presence of apple restore screen & black vertical lines). HELP PLEASE!!!

Ghansfe

For most of the people wonder whether it's possible to recover deleted data from phone when they accident deletion the device data , needless to say , once the info is deleted or lost , it may be not immediately deleted from phone memory , as long as the data did not be cover around the phone memory , you have a very chance to obtain them back with the effective recovery tools,

Don't worry , iOS data Rescuer can assist you to fix iphone stuck in recovery mode , before doing this , you've to check this out tutorial , hope it can help you

ishfaq ahmad

we have iphone 6 disabled when i hook up with itunes i buy restore message once i start restoring after few minutes the telephone starts but still get disable message

Andrea

my iPhone is stuck in recovery. ive tried everything DFU and even a phone shop and zilch.. I'm totally mystified.. Can someone let me with this I cant afford drfone etc..

LiraCassidy

RecoveryTool Fix Recovery does work for me personally. Hope it can allow you to as well.

Thanks for sharing. Will bookmark/keep this article handy for future reference! Now sharing here some tips if you're having an iMac and you also need to recuperate deleted or lost data. Deleted, lost, or corrupted file by using an iMac may seem being a big problem. However, the issue isn't a big deal if you use a trusted Mac recovery program. If a recent unexpected incident has ended in loss of information, involuntarily removed files, or harddrive reformatting, then an iMac file retrieval program is the fastest, best option for salvaging files.

If you're in dire need of a quick solution for retrieving files on your own IMac harddrive, then Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software program is your first distinct defense. For example, a file is accidentally moved into trash and then the trash is emptied before you decide to realized it had made its way there. Don't assume the information is fully gone, as a possible iMac recovery utility can perform getting it back before you can even bat a close look. Simply follow the link to know more.

Jessica

Thanks for sharing. Will bookmark/keep this site handy for future reference! Now sharing here some tips in case you're using an iMac and also you need to recuperate deleted or lost data. Deleted, lost, or corrupted file with an iMac may seem like a big problem. However, the issue is not a big deal if you use a trusted Mac recovery program. If a recent unexpected incident has ended in loss of information, involuntarily removed files, or harddrive reformatting, then an iMac file retrieval program is the fastest, most reliable option for salvaging files.

If you have dire need of a quick solution for retrieving files on your own IMac harddrive, then Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software programs are your first line of defense. For example, a file is accidentally moved into trash after which the trash is emptied before you decide to realized it had made its way there. Don't assume the information is gone, just as one iMac file recovery utility can perform getting it back before you are able to even bat a watch. Simply check the page to know more.

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I reveal tech, social networking, life hacks, business as well as other kinds of how-to's. Please join one of my newsletters. And I always love when you leave comments (good, bad and ugly) so take a moment!

Subscribe to Posts

access_timeFebruary 6, 2014

This website is filled with things that you (hopefully) will quickly realize useful through tech, social networking, startups, TV News, life hacks plus much more. Most of this content was discovered on my journey round the country as a television news anchor. Thanks for stopping by. Read more.

Follow @wflabenson

Popular Posts

My have MacBook Pro early 2011 My all hardrive are...