How to Activate iPhone Without SIM Card - Complete Guide

By: Alpesh Last Updated:

This tutorial shows the best way to activate iPhone without SIM Card or Wi-Fi / How to work with iPhone without SIM Card - Guide

Apple iPhone doesn't allow you to use the device without inserting the SIM Card, you will not be able to run apps and do various other pieces on your iPhone and also this is the major problem faced by most of the iPhone owner. While the other devices allow their proprietors to use their device without SIM Card but iPhone won't. So if you are facing problem activating iPhone without SIM Card or Wi-Fi, i.e., have you been not able to use iPhone without inserting SIM Card than the guide can assist you, like this tutorial we are going to show some methods to activate iPhone without SIM Card or Wi-Fi!

Supported iPhone models:

iPhone 1st Gen

Below are two easy methods to activate iPhone without SIM Card.

Method 1: Activate iPhone Without Wi-Fi Using Emergency Call Service

Without activating iPhone you will only have the ability to access the Emergency call feature and that we can take benefit from this feature to activate iPhone. Below are the steps on how you can activate iPhone without SIM Card using Emergency call feature.

Note: Follow using this method at your own risk, as a lot of people ended up calling cops. We are not accountable for any inconvenience caused.

Make sure your iPhone is started up.

Click on Home button.

Tap on Emergency call and make up a call to 112.

Now instantly press the power button of your iPhone.

Now you will get some pop-ups click on cancel and end the call.

Task completed, now you will get your iPhone home screen.

Method 2: Activate iPhone without SIM or Wi-Fi using iTunes

Another method to activate iPhone is applying iTunes application and below are the steps just follow them and activate iPhone without SIM Card.

Download and install the newest version of iTunes from Apple on PC.

Using iPhone compatible USB data cable connect your non-activated iPhone to PC.

Run the iTunes program on PC and refer to the instructions which show on the screen to activate iPhone.

That's all you now can use iPhone without SIM card.

Method 3: How to Activate iPhone without SIM Card using R-SIM / X-SIM

If the aforementioned two methods don't work for you than the method will help you. In using this method, we use R-SIM or X-SIM to activate iPhone without original SIM card.

Step 1: Insert your R-SIM or X-SIM on your iPhone.

Step 2: Select the carrier from the list or type in the IMSI code with the carrier.

Step 3: Confirm and restart iPhone.

Step 4: After reboot, iPhone should search for service once it is found an activation message should pop-up on the screen.

Alternate Title: How to make use of iPhone without SIM Card.

Also Check:

SHARE ON

Leave search engine optimization gainesville empty if you are human:

Tech Lover, Gadget Freak and also the founder of Gizmo Advices who wants to play with Custom ROM's, Kernel's etc.

Reader Interactions

(27) Comments

The iTunes procedure you described to set up an iPhone without SIM does not work.

You fully grasp this Message from iTunes:

There isn't any SIM card installed in the iPhone you are hoping to activate.

Please disconnect and insert a SIM card inside iPhone.

Brand new iPhone 6 and current iTunes SW on Windows 8.1 PC.

Regards, Roger

April 1, 2016

I used it too and yes it doesn't work as well I get the identical message.

January 10, 2017

I also tried this technique and it didn't work. Here's what did work with me. I visited the Walmart website and got a new Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone” activation kit — cost: $1.00. When the kit arrived I inserted the inactive SIM card inside my 5S and surely could activate without having trouble using iTunes.

Dear sir,

I am unable to do this I am trying this from past one hour but it's not opening.

Please send me video to spread out.

Thank you.

SUdhin Dalave says

December 31, 2015

The method mentioned above does not work properly with my iPhone, is there any other emergency no. for India. If you have any alternative to the - please tell me.

Hi all,

Has anyone sucessfully used the phone call method 1 in the list above, I'm wanting to activate my 6 without a SIM but I REALLY don't need to mess it up in any respect. Has anyone used that and run into problems, Please tell me ASAP, and thank you.

July 17, 2016

Actually it is the Feds. Their wifi was in my network stuff when you dial the 112 it alerts them of possible illegal activity.

July 18, 2016

It won't work on my 5 either. My screen freezes at ending call” and won't do anything whatsoever after that.

July 23, 2016

I did method 1 on iPhone 3gs it brought me on the home screen but I cant open anything

Stephanie Shockley says

July 30, 2016

If I activate it without a Sim card will I still be able to use a Sim card later on,

July 30, 2016

Yes, you will have the ability to use it with SIM later.

November 6, 2016

Hey Sir please help me to activate my iphone without sim card , Please

Andy Powell says

July 30, 2016

hi all. this method only conditions lower ios versions. down 8-7 nothing beats this conditions ios 8 or 9 or new devices up i5-6

sorry. just with an xsim, rsim. gevey sim only if u would not have an original carrier sim.

August 28, 2016

One of my wife's family gave my son a classic iphone that they would like to use for playing games and hearing music. No problem achieving this with a well used android phone. This will be the reason not to utilize Iphone.

October 17, 2016

i know rite …lol why is apple not fixing it i had created three cops inside my house they didnt even knock …i only tried 112 like 20 times lmfao

December 21, 2016

I are having issues in that my sim reader broke plus it cant be fixed. Now my 5s is useless as none of the above mentioned methods benefit me. I need figure out how you can jailbreak devoid of the device even being activated. Help!

Kalungi godfrey says

December 30, 2016

Hey I bought an phone 5s from the friend who travelled definately not me weeks back n he removed hisiCloud bbut the still requires the activation cod n I don know wea to have this guy againn,,wat shud I do to activate ma fone guys,,,,

Ahmad Ismail says

March 5, 2017

It's bust!!! Its saying There isn't SIM card set up in the iPhone you are wanting to activate. Please disconnect and insert a SIM card inside iPhone.”

June 9, 2017

than insert a non working sim card laptop or computer should work perfectly big event even if the sim card is broken at least insert the one that what the message says

August 7, 2017

WARNING: using EMERGENCY CALL anytime, no matter what is dialed, no matter if you hit cancel or power off just after it automagically dials 911 - DO NOT use this technique unless you want cops at the door.

Name

Email

Comment

tag

Replies to my comments

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human instead of a spam bot, please enter the answer in the following box below in line with the instructions contained within the graphic.

Primary Sidebar

Latest Video

Leave search engine optimization gainesville empty in case you are human:

Start typing something...