backup iphone to cloud
You can copy and save the information on your iOS device by backing it up. If you replace your device, you can use its backup to transfer your information to a new iOS device. This article can help you decide which backup method is best for you. In case you ever need an alternative backup, you can make a backup in iCloud and another in iTunes. Learn how to make a backup or restore your device from a backup.

With a Wi-Fi network connection, you can make a backup of your device using iCloud. You don’t need to plug your device into a computer or even be at home to back up with iCloud. Cloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device. Learn how to make an iCloud backup or how to manage iCloud storage and delete backups that you no longer need. From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup.

An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. Learn how to make backups in iTunes, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups that you no longer need. Can I use my device's backup for another kind of device, like an iPhone backup for an iPad,

While you can restore a device from a backup of another kind of device, like using an iPad backup for an iPhone, certain types of content won't transfer. This content includes photos, Messages, attachments in Messages, Voice Memos, and apps that aren't compatible with the device that you’re setting up. For example, apps compatible only with iPad won't transfer to your iPhone. Make a backup of your device or restore from a backup. Manage your iOS backups. Encrypt your iTunes backups. Back up your Apple Watch.

Since I uploaded my Dropbox content and my iPhone 7 Plus photos, all of that content is lumped together in a giant mess in the Photos section. There are photos that I synced from my iPhone that I can't find in the My Cloud Home backup. Whether that's because of the poor organization or some partial syncing failure, I don't know, and I can't troubleshoot because I can't see what's synced, what's not, and whether the backup finished successfully.

It's also worth noting that if you have RAW image files synced to My Cloud Home, the app will not display them. In the iPhone 7 Plus Camera Roll Backup section where my content is actually stored, organization is no better. It's just a long list of files. When you view the photos stored on the My Cloud Home, it takes a few seconds to load and there's a definite short delay. This is based on your WiFi connection and the speed of the My Cloud Home itself.

There are tools for sharing, opening, renaming, and deleting individual files, but there are no options for mass file management. If you have multiple photos you want to delete from the backup, too bad. The app also doesn't seem to delete photos that I have deleted from my photo library.

In a world where our iPhones and iPads are increasingly important and are beginning to replace PCs, apps like this should offer feature parity with their desktop counterparts. It's disappointing that the iOS app is lacking to the point of being almost unusable for anything but uploading photos. The Mac app is better than the iOS app. It installs a Western Digital menu bar and makes the My Cloud Home accessible as an attached drive, so you're essentially using Finder for all file management needs.

You can drag and drop files to My Cloud Home from Finder, you can view everything with Finder's organizational tools, and you can search for content through Finder. This setup is simple to use and it makes it easy to find, upload, share, and access all of the content that's stored on the My Cloud Home.

The My Cloud Home Mac app also makes a right-click sync option available for all files, so you can right-click on something and select the "Sync to My Cloud" feature to upload it immediately. My Cloud Home can be used as a Time Machine backup option for a Mac, but I wasn't a fan of how Time Machine backups were handled.