Can I Turn Off Backup Encryption In ITunes Without The Password,

backup iphone 6 to itunes
I had this issue. At some earlier time I had enabled encrypted backups (at least I think so). Since iTunes never prompts for the password I had since lost track of or forgot the password. I had tried every password I could think of to no avail. 1. Assuming you know your App Store (apple), iTunes store password and this is the same password as the iCloud password.

2. Kick off a Backup to the iCloud. 3. Once this is completed you now have a new Backup from the Device. You will never be able to restore from the Encrypted backups on the local drive (iTunes client). 4. If you are setting up a new device (like me) attach the iPhone to the PC via USB cable and start the iTunes app. Once the device appears - Click on the device and Click Restore.

Now you will have to enter the iCloud password to restore from Apples iCloud. I was able to get a full restore of my Old iPhone to my new iPhone using this method. All my data, apps, configs, app history(iMessage), Photos .. 5. Once I was done I sidabled the iCloud backup. Went back to the iTunes app and perfomed a local backup (with Encrytion) and I have stored the password in LastPass (which I hight recommend). 6. God luck with yours.

3. If your iPhone is connected and iTunes is open, but the iPhone is still not showing up in iTunes, something is not working correctly. You can try disconnecting your iPhone, then reconnecting it to your computer again. If that doesn't work, quit and reopen iTunes. If the iPhone still doesn't show up, you can restart your computer and see if that fixes the problem.

When my iPhone didn't show up iTunes, I tried all of the above troubleshooting techniques, but they didn't fix the problem. Finally, I visited Apple's website and downloaded iTunes, even though I already had the latest version (which was iTunes 10.1.2 at the time). I ran the installer and reinstalled iTunes. When I reconnected my iPhone, it finally showed up iTunes. Therefore, reinstalling iTunes fixed the problem. If your iPhone is not showing up in iTunes, and you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps above, reinstalling iTunes seems to be a good solution. You can download the latest version of iTunes from Apple's website. I hope this helps!

Backing up the iPhone has always been an interesting phenomenon. Tunes makes backing up your iOS device inherently easy, and iCloud, when you have enough space to store all of your files, makes it even simpler. Unfortunately, people still seem to have lots of questions about backing up their devices. One of the main issues that makes backing up such a questionable process, is the way that backups are handled in the first place.

For starters, backing up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is basically an all or nothing affair. It’s the clothes, the appliances and the kitchen sink, or it’s nothing. One of the biggest questions that always seems to come up involves backing up and restoring just the SMS and iMessage messages found in the Messages app.

Of course, you can perform a normal iTunes backup, and grab all of your messages and the kitchen sink as well, but that’s not a viable solution for everyone. With that in mind, what do you do if you want to backup and restore only your text messages (iMessages and SMS messages) and keep everything else clean and fresh,

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t provide a way to do this with either iCloud backups or iTunes backups, but it can be done. There are many reasons as to why you’d want to create a fresh backup and restore and maintain your messages. Perhaps you’d even like to transfer your messages to a separate device, Maybe you’d like to jailbreak a clean device before Apple kills the Evasi0n7 jailbreak, but you’d prefer to keep your messages in the process, In this tutorial, we will show you how to backup your SMS messages and iMessages, no jailbreak required.

We’ll also show you how to import these messages back to the same iPhone or a different one. Check inside as I walk you through the entire step-by-step process. The main app that we’ll be using in this tutorial, outside of iTunes, is iBackupBot. BackupBot is a paid utility (with free trial) that allows you to view the contents of iTunes backups, extract data from backups, insert data into backups, and more.

Post a Comment

0 Comments